It’s hard to believe, but Summer Camp at Rainey Mountain is only 3 weeks away! Yes, 3 weeks!
June 6 will be here before you know it, so we want to ensure everyone is ready. Over the next few weeks, we will continue to update this announcement with critical information related to Summer Camp.
- Have your turned in your medical form? We need those (forms A, B and C) for all Scouts by Tuesday, May 11. If you are unable to provide them by that date, please contact Mrs. Kat Woodman or Mrs. Kristi Bluett. You can access the medical forms [here].
- On Tuesday, May 11 (during our weekly Troop meeting), there will be an overview for Scouts/parents on how (and what) to pack for Summer Camp. This is a mandatory meeting for all parents who have Scouts attending Summer Camp. There will be a Q&A session after the packing overview, so please bring your questions!
- The Troop has setup setup time for Scouts to complete the required swim test for Summer Camp on Tuesday, May 18. Details can be found in the announcement here: Swim Test for Summer Camp.
- Mrs. Shana Smith sent out emails to parents on the week of May 3 regarding any remaining Summer Camp fees. Parents should work with Mrs. Smith if they have any fee related questions. All remaining fees need to be paid by June 1.
- Mr. Jim Towhey has offered to haul the trailer to transport Troop gear to Summer Camp. If you need help getting your footlocker (or other gear) to Rainey Mountain, please reach out to Mr. Towhey via email.
- Rainey Mountain has provided a check-in communications form that they have asked be shared with parents. They are asking the Troop do a medical pre-screening for Covid-19 on everyone attending camp. The form must be filled out for each attendee. We have added it to the Resources page (under the Summer Camp 2021 section) for all parents to review, but this can not be filled out until departure for camp. You can access the form directly [here].
- A suggested packing list has also been added to the Summer Camp section of the Resources page. You can assess the document directly [here].
- Please plan to arrive at Summer Camp on Sunday, June 6 between 1 – 1:30 p.m. We plan to check-in the Troop at 1:30 p.m. You will want to plan for about 2 hours travel time if you are leaving from the Tucker area.
- Campers will need to be picked up from Rainey Mountain on Saturday, June 12 between 7 – 9 a.m.
- For those that ordered a t-shirt, you can see what the shirt will look like [here]. A decision was made during the May 4 PLC meeting to go with the grey color.