It’s hard to believe, but it’s finally time for Summer Camp at Rainey Mountain!
Scouts need to arrive at camp by 1 pm on Sunday, June 6. Also, don’t forget to print and fill out the medical pre-screening form [here] before you leave for Rainey Mountain!
Please see below for additional details.
THINGS THAT SHOULD NOW BE DONE:
- Medical forms should have been turned in to Mrs. Kat Woodman or Mrs. Kristi Bluett. Forms A, B and C are required for all Scouts. If you have not completed and turned in your forms, please contact Mrs. Kristi Bluett.
- Mrs. Shana Smith sent out emails to parents on the week of May 3 regarding any remaining Summer Camp fees. Parents should work with Mrs. Smith if they have any fee related questions. All remaining fees need to be paid by June 1.
- There was a Q&A session and packing overview for camp on Tuesday, May 11. If you are curious on what you should pack, please see the suggested packing list here: Summer Camp Packing List.
- The Troop completed the required swim test for Summer Camp on Tuesday, May 18. Details can be found in the announcement here: Swim Test for Summer Camp.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Parents can order a care package for their Scout through June 9. Each package will contain a camp t-shirt (different than what we ordered previously), a camp sticker, a box of cracker jacks and a variety of entertainment items (i.e. – small toys). These will be delivered to the boys while they are at camp. To get more details or place an order, please visit the link to the Northeast Georgia Council website [here].
- Mr. Jim Towhey has offered to help transport Troop gear to Summer Camp. If you need help getting your footlocker (or other gear) to Rainey Mountain, please reach out to Mr. Towhey via email.
- Rainey Mountain has provided a check-in communications form that they have asked be shared with parents. They are asking the Troop do a medical pre-screening for Covid-19 on everyone attending camp. The form must be filled out for each attendee and handed in when you arrive at camp. We have added it to the Resources page (under the Summer Camp 2021 section) for all parents to review, but this can not be filled out until departure for camp. You can access the form directly [here].
- The address for Camp Rainey Mountain is: 1494 Rainey Mountain Road, Clayton, GA 30525.
- Please plan to arrive at Summer Camp on Sunday, June 6 by 1 p.m. We plan to check-in the Troop at 1:30 p.m. You will want to plan for about 2 hours travel time if you are leaving from the Tucker area.
- Campers will need to be picked up from Rainey Mountain on Saturday, June 12 between 7 – 9 a.m.
- For those that ordered a t-shirt, you can see what the shirt will look like [here]. A decision was made during the May 4 PLC meeting to go with the grey color. These will be handed out once they are delivered. Depending on the timing, they may not be given to Scouts until they arrive at camp.