Here are a few additional notes and reminders as we prepare to depart this Sunday.
1. Trunks will be loaded in the Troop trailer THISSunday at 10:00 AM at the Scout Hut . Please be on time so these can be loaded for departure. You may take your own trunk but it is highly encouraged to get all into the trailer as we will only be allowed one trailer to go to our site to unload, so this will make life a lot easier upon arrival.
2. Keep Swim trunks close at hand. While we will be having our pre-camp Swim Test tomorrow (Thursday) night at 7:30 PM at Westhampton Pool (party lasts till 9 pm). We hope to bypass as much of the Swim Test as possible at check in so this will help with the process as well. Be aware that Swim Checks are mandatory and will be the first item covered during check in (after the medical review). So, keep Swim Trunks handy, especially if you have to do your swim test at the camp.
3. Parents are encouraged to send letters to their Scout at camp. Some may even send Care packages... here is the address if you would like to send anything...
Camp Mailing Address Please address mail as follows: Scout’s Name Troop Number (Troop 129) & Campsite Name (Raccoon Trot) Week 4 Skymont Scout Reservation 243 Talidandaganu’ Road Altamont, TN 37301-4269
4. Our leaders are attending camp for the week are John Colatosti, Ken Stone, Eric Ware, and Doug Evans, and Michael Taylor partial. We appreciate them taking their time to be our Adult leaders. We will have a Contact list later to be sure you have their contact if needed.
5. Carpooling... Last Tuesday, we had a good exchange of who needed a ride and who could take extra scouts. If you are still looking for a ride or have room, please let me or Mr. Colatosti know ASAP. The forum for Carpooling is also on our website