The Troop is whitewater rafting in Columbus, GA, on May 7 (which includes optional camping at FDR State Park on Saturday evening – after rafting). See below for location details, a waiver link, food details and arrival time.
Overall Cost and Fees:
The cost $44 per person. The Troop will contribute $30 per scout and one parent per family, or up to $60 per family. Siblings that are not in Troop 129 and second adults per family will pay $44 each. For example, if you have one Scout, one parent, and one sibling going, your total cost would be $72. If you have one Scout and one adult, your cost would be only be $28.
Please pay the remainder of your balance by the end of the meeting next Tuesday, April 26. You can pay using PayPal (in advance) or via check/cash at the meeting next week. We ask you bring exact amount if paying in cash.
- Camping Food – we will only have dinner and breakfast to as a group (we ask everyone to pack a lunch for Whitewater rafting).
- We’ll get pizza for the group on Saturday night. Feel free to bring along snacks for your group or to share.
- Don’t forget to BRING WATER FOR YOURSELVES!
- Bring breakfast for yourselves on Sunday morning, or just snacks if you plan to get food on the way home on Sunday. If your child is riding with someone else, please be sure to send them with food (or make a plan with the driver).
- Parking Fee at FDR – please bring $5.00 for parking at FDR State Park for those that are driving/camping.
How Do I Get There?
Parking is at RiverCenter Garage: 916 Front Ave, Columbus, GA 31901, but the actual “location” is: 1000 Bay Ave, Columbus, GA 31901
Plan to arrive at the location by 10:30 am on Saturday, May 7.
- You must wear shoes that have a heel strap. You WANT these in case you fall out of the boat and have to stand up.
- Please print, fill out, and bring your waiver with you to expedite the check-in process. [WAIVER LINK]
- Bring/Wear sunscreen!
- Bring plenty of water.
- As noted above, you need to bring a sack lunch to eat either before or after rafting.
Still have questions? Please see the email from Jean Hilyard from April 28.