Mr. Jim Carey, Mr. Jim Towhey and Scoutmaster Jarod Vautrot will be starting a new Camping merit badge class on Saturday, March 20. The class will start promptly at 9:00 am at the Scout Hut Pavilion and will run until noon.
This class is open for all Scouts who have yet to earn the Camping merit badge, which is required for Eagle. The goal will be to complete as many of the merit badge discussion and demonstration requirements as possible that morning.
Scouts should arrive knowing the requirements and being well prepared to complete them. Everyone should wear masks and bring full water bottles.
Scouts can read over the Camping merit badge requirements [here].
Additional Class Information:
|What is latitude?||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latitude|
|What is longitude?||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longitude|
|What are geocoordinates?||https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_coordinate_system|
Geocoordinates Examples (first number is latitude; second number is longitude)
- Scout Hut: 33.863786341303275, -84.21575590718801
- Tucker High School: 33.856774791588634, -84.21672150241979
- Raven Cliff Falls parking lot: 34.70985865104069, -83.78926794472392
- Raven Cliff Falls: 34.71874832760501, -83.80911629138159
- Camp Rotary Boy Scout Camp parking lot: 34.45530229560904, -82.87269749584263
- Meditation Point in Camp Rotary: 34.4558869813825, -82.8651961569968