Looking for something productive to do with your Scout? Check out this “Backyard Bushcraft” series that Jim Carey has put together! These simple how-to guides can give families a chance to do fun and interesting activities together, while learning outdoor skills at the same time.
Just click on one of the tip sheets below, and start your adventure!
- Edible Violet Flowers
- Wild Garlic Toast
- Learn to Use a Tree as a Compass
- Learn Atlanta Birdsongs
- Paracord: A Useful and Versatile Camping Resource
- Discover Tucker Geology on a Family Mini-hike
- Tips for Buying a Good Camping Tarp
- What’s a Zebra Pot?
- Oak Tree Hunting!
- Crescent Moon – A Handy Night-time Compass
- Dala Horses and Knife Skills
- Quick Release Knots for Tent and Tarp Setup
- Using a Tarp as a Basic Camping Shelter
- How to Stay Dry in Your Camping Shelter
- Use Two Tarps to Make a Group Camping Shelter
- Fast Tarp Shelter
- How to Tie a Prusik Knot
- Cook Outdoors with a Firebox Folding Wood Stove
- 2 Trees + 2 Tarps = Outdoor Bedroom & Living Room Suite
- Discover our Neighborhood Night-time Animals
- Tips for Buying a Good Dutch Oven
- How to Correctly Use a Dutch Oven Lid Lifter
- Cook Biscuits and Sausage in a Dutch Oven
If you have a suggestion for an issue of Backyard Bushcraft, please let us know!